Wednesday, July 23, 2014

#StayEncouraged

Matthew 9:19-21

19 Jesus got up and began to follow him, and so did His disciples. 20 And a woman who had been suffering from a hemorrhage for twelve years,came up behind Him and touched the fringe of His cloak; 21for she was saying to herself, "If I only touch His garment, I will get well."…


A lot of times people come to me and they ask me for my best advise. It seems that we live in a modern day society that ask the questions “What do you want your legacy to be” or “What do you know for sure”. Well I know that life has many adventures and roads and nothing is guaranteed that we can see in the natural. I know what heart beak is when you want something so bad it just makes you cry. I know what its like to be the baby boy of a person who suffered and died from the illness of alcoholism. I know what its like to get in front of people in a crowd and hope that something you say will give them a little bit more hope for the day ahead. I know what its like to feel what you want and not have it. To pray for something so long and not know what the outcome will be. I have dreams, fears and stories that have yet to be told. But if you ask me what my best advice is that would be to desperately get to Jesus and use the women with the blood issues as a clear example of determination and fearlessness. She didn't have any other options, all her resources had ran out and no one could meet her need and give her what she was looking for: doctor, lawyer, friend, family member,or even spiritual leader. But when she heard that Jesus was coming into town, she picked up the shame that had been placed on her,ignored the physical pain she was in, silenced the embarrassment that was to come her way and she just got to Jesus because she declared if I just touch his garment I will get well. I'm not talking about organized religion, even though I personally am a advocate for it,what I am talking about is a personal relationship with Jesus. All of us can understand when our desire or wants aren't meet, but as humans we all have a deep spiritual need to be forgiven, made brand new and to be loved to the core unconditionally. Where all going to make mistakes, take set backs and fall off the road some days but if we can just keep getting up and getting to Jesus he will meet your needs. Hang in there, and don't forget your just passing through this earth until you reach your heavenly home. #StayEncouraged

No comments:

Post a Comment